Competitive Full-time BGC-01716-TX Permanent
A new opportunity to join this Darlington based accountancy firm as they look to welcome a Tax Manager to their team to manage the day to day delivery of compliance and advisory services to their client base.
Joining with not only a practice background you will be professionally qualified (CTA) and have proven managerial experience to be able to provide leadership to a growing team of tax professionals on a day to day basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Providing tax advice to a portfolio of owner-managed businesses.
– Identifying tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
– Ensuring that all compliance is completed in good time and deadlines are met.
– Management and development of the tax trainees.
– To manage your own client portfolio and review tax returns prepared by junior team members.
– To prepare more complex tax computations.
– Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts.
– Tax audit review work.
– Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
– To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
– To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice.
– To attend client meetings.
– Planning and executing the longer term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner and directors.
– Contribute to winning new client work.
The role requires the successful candidate to be CTA qualified and have a background working in tax, preferably across both personal and corporate.
The ability to liaise with clients from an array of backgrounds is vital in this role as you forge long lasting relationships with the clients whom you will speak with regularly. The position is varied and at times will require you to “spin plates” so someone who is organised, methodical, able to meet deadlines and can do so in a calm manner will settle into the role well. You will need to be able to make decisions, solve problems and work on your own initiative.
In what offers to be a great opportunity for those enjoying a career in tax this will provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of technical tax in both personal and corporate, along with staff management and business development.
A competitive salary, various benefits and a generous holiday package are on offer.