Corporate Tax Manager
£40 - 58,000pa DOE Full-time Hours BGC-2189-TX Permanent
An exciting opportunity for a Tax Manager to join a growing consultancy business in Newcastle providing tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of business clients.
You will be responsible for dealing with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and leading more junior members of the team. You will also work very closely with the Partners providing assistance in both client work and in the management of the group. This will see you actively involved in, and looking to seek out working on special assignments and advisory projects.
The day to day detail:
- Your client portfolio will be diverse and include OMB’s, SME’s and larger corporates, all of which you will manage undertaking corporate tax provisioning, compliance and advisory work.
- This will provide the scope to get involved in a variety of business tax work such as ad-hoc advisory, R&D tax credits, international, awareness of VAT and employment taxes.
- You will oversee the tax compliance matters ensuring all Institute and HMRC guidelines are adhered to.
- Management of the team on a day to day basis will naturally include mentoring as well as billing, recovery targets and ensuring deadlines are met.
What we are looking for:
- With ambitious plans to grow the tax consultancy we are looking for an equally ambitious individual with significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry.
- You must be a technically capable advisor able to assist in complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff and clients with good teamwork skills
- A desire to develop business further within the local community
- Qualified Accountant and/or Tax Advisor (ACA/ACCA/CA/CTA)
- Commercially aware with a strong client service focus able to communicate well both face to face and written.
We can provide:
- A long and progressive career in tax with opportunities to develop that are tailored to your individual needs
- Working alongside experienced Tax Partner & Directors who can mentor your development
- Exposure to work in the local business network and develop long-term relationships
- Open to change and embrace new ideas and ways of working
- Complete appreciation and value of all staff’s contribution to the business
- A competitive salary that truly reflects your worth and value.
- All of the expected benefits that include hybrid working, flexible hours and benefits tailored to your needs.