Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Senior
upto £40,000pa DOE Full-time BGC-2191-TX Permanent
An Independant accountancy firm are looking to appoint a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Senior to their tax team in Newcastle which creates a great opportunity for those with tax compliance experience to transition into a role offering advisory and a great platform to develop your technical knowledge with tax projects under the support of a very experienced senior team.
Your day to day role
- Working closely with the Tax Director you will support on a number of advisory projects as well as undertake a small amount of (complex) corporate tax compliance.
- Advisory projects undertaken will include EIS, EMI, company re-organisations, R&D and other ad-hoc tax matters
- Attending client pre-end of year meetings
- Liaison with the accounts department and other tax team members to assist with the compliance process and prepare corporation tax computations and returns for various size companies/groups.
- Review of returns produced by more junior members in the team
- Ensuring that filing deadlines are met and that clients are notified of corporation tax liabilities in advance of the payment dates.
- Processing HMRC correspondence.
- Mentoring apprentice/trainee
What we are looking for:
- ATT/CTA qualified or part-qualified as a minimum
- Minimum of two/three years corporate tax experience, either in compliance and or advisory
- Some exposure to supervising / mentoring trainees/apprentice would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a diligent and proactive approach to your work.
A competitive salary and a long-term career in corporate tax is readily available for the successful applicant as the firm look to welcome you. The role offers a mix of hybrid working.