£18-22,000pa plus study support Full-time BGC-01791-AC Permanent
My client is a small accounting practice on the outskirts of Newcastle city centre close to Tynedale.
They are looking to appoint a Trainee Accountant in the new year who holds some experience from an accounting practice to provide year end accounting services to their clients.
Searching for an individual with a good knowledge of accounts preparation and exposure to a variety of accountancy software systems.
Your day to day will look a little like this:
- Regular contact with clients including some onsite work at client’s premises (when safe)
- Preparation of statutory accounts & supporting files for sole trader / partnerships / Trusts and audit exempt limited companies from varying standard of records
- Preparation of Income Tax and Corporation Tax computations
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts for client.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Resolve accounting discrepancies, irregularities and tax investigations
- Completion of monthly, quarterly and year end reports where appropriate.
- Provision of tax and financial information to the relevant authorities
Support for either AAT or ACCA is readily available provided applicants can bring experience to the role. Training and development will be given on a daily basis but this is not a position suitable for those who have never worked in practice before.