£38-50,000pa Full-time hours BGC2187-AC Permanent
A fast growing UK accountancy firm are looking to appoint a Senior Accountant to their offices in Teesside into a client facing role that offers future progression to Manager and beyond. Working as part of a collaborative team you will be responsible for the effective and timely delivery of statutory accounts to a high standard.
The day to day:
- You will be responsible for reviewing financial statements prepared by the team with follow up actions
- Reviewing Self-Assessment Tax Returns prepared by the team, ensuring tax is minimised efficiently
- Main point of contact for all client liaison and meetings to discuss accounts and advise them on areas of business improvement
- Internally look to improve business processes by implementing best practices
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops – reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Working with the Business Development Director to actively engage with prospective clients, discussing requirements and creating proposals.
- We are looking for a qualified (ACCA/ACA) or qualified by experience Accountant with a minimum of 3 years experience working in practice.
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to delegate work downwards and train people to a required standard.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and control several projects at once.
- Excellent analytical and review skills with the ability to communicate financial issues to senior management and directors.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
- Confident user of Excel and familiar with cloud packages such as Xero and IRIS
The opportunity is based in the office but does offer flexibility to work across a couple of different office sites.