£35-47,000pa, plus Car allowance, Bonus, Pension, 25 days holiday Full-time or Part-time BGC-01760-TX Permanent
Rare to the Newcastle market is an opportunity to join an In-house tax team as they seek to recruit a tax and accounting professional offering an attractive career path and salary package.
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant or Tax Advisor who has experience and understanding across both specialist areas.
Your role will see you working as part of a wider tax team responsible for all UK group corporate tax compliance and assisting with ad hoc tax planning projects such as capital allowances, R&D and M&A work.
You will be tasked with ensuring that tax strategy is optimised in line with transfer pricing. Furthermore you will be expected to provide support and tax advice to the business on a wide variety of tax related issues as well as identifying new tax opportunities.
You will assist in the preparation and review of statutory accounts and tax disclosures and reporting of the UK group.
Your key accountabilities are:
- To ensure all corporate tax returns are filed on time.
- To ensure relevant claims and group relief claims are submitted to HMRC.
- Responsible for providing current and deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the statutory financial statements.
- Responsible for all tax accounting/ disclosure for relevant group of companies.
- Prepare all corporate tax returns on Alpha Tax ready for review by the Head of Tax.
- Submission of all CT returns to HMRC.
- Assist the Tax Manager & Head of Tax on adhoc projects and M&A work whenever the need arises.
It is important that you have a wider accounting appreciation as you will work closely with tax and finance both locally and nationally.
We would like to attract someone with corporate tax experience gained in either an accounting firm or industry with a thorough knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and FRS101. Awareness of international tax issues and previous experience of providing tax calculations for inclusion within statutory financial statements of a large business would help in the transition into this role but support can be given for any gaps.
We are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA), with strong Excel skills. Working with a wide group of individuals you must be able to demonstrate a confidence with strong communication skills and be well organised, able to work to tight deadlines at times. Lastly a team player is also important in fitting within the organisations culture.
This role will be considered on a permanent or contract basis and may be able to accommodate part-time hours.
A comprehensive salary package that includes a good basic, car allowance, bonus and various other benefits is on offer in return.