Upto £40,000pa DOE Full-time BGC-2103-AC
An Accountancy practice based centrally in Middlesbrough are looking to appoint a qualified Accountant to join their practice supporting the Partners with their portfolio of clients.
Ideally suited to those that enjoy a general practice accounting position as opposed to specialising in one area, this opportunity will see you working closely with both clients and colleagues as you provide advice and support in a number of areas including financial reporting, taxation and accounting systems and processes.
Your day to day role will involve the following:
- Preparation of accounts from client records and submission of tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies
- Overview of bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Production of management accounts and forecasting for some clients
- Identifying tax planning opportunities for clients and referring to Partner
- Liaising with HMRC recording tax compliance and investigations
- Mentoring a small team at AAT level and overseeing departmental work
- Preparing financial statements showing business income and expenditure
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and alerting the accountant of errors
- Developing yearly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss and balance sheet
Applicants will be qualified (ACCA/ACA) although those with 5 years plus experience gained from an accountancy firm will also be considered. You must have some previous staff supervisory experience and be keen to play a leadership role within the team to support trainees within the firm.
This is an office based role, with flexible hours and a great close knit team feel to be part of.