Personal Tax Senior
c£26-32,000pa plus benefits Full & part-time hours available BGC-2139-TX Permanent
An accountancy firm in Stockton are looking to appoint a Personal Tax Senior to their tax department to assist them with the day to day tax compliance on behalf of their clients.
Bringing to the position a minimum of 2- 3 years tax compliance experience you will have your own portfolio of clients to look after – Directors, Partnerships, non-residents, trusts and even some seafarers. This will involve the collation of documents and information from clients at year end, preparation of self-assessment tax returns for review, liaising with HMRC and answering client queries with basic tax advice.
The role is well suited to those who would prefer to have their own portfolio of clients to work with each year as opposed to working through a shared portfolio that might be different each year. The client base is varied and will give you plenty of variety. and ownership.
The position is predominantly office based, with some travel to clients site from time to time. Hours can be flexible and the firm are willing to consider people looking for both full and part-time hours.
Applicants must have the following skills and experience to be considered:
- A minimum of two years tax compliance experience from an accounting firm.
- Competent to complete annual self assessment returns ready for review.
- A confident communicator who is organised and able to manage multiple clients.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in order to ensure returns are submitted timely.
- Familiar with tax software to process returns.
- ATT part or full qualified is desirable but not essential.
Support can be given to those wishing to become ATT qualified. A competitive salary with various benefits are available to the successful applicant.