Indirect Tax Senior Manager
£65 - 85,000pa plus Car Allowance & benefits Full-time Hours BGC2142-TX Permanent
Indirect Tax Senior Manager – flexible working
An exciting opportunity as Indirect Tax Senior Manager to be part of a national specialist team who deliver indirect tax advice to clients across the UK working with mid-market and large corporates in a fast growing market. Based in either Newcastle, Edinburgh or Glasgow with flexible working we are looking for an ambitious tax professional who can help clients manage their indirect tax compliance obligations as well as identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks.
As Senior Manager you will be experienced in providing clients advice to help them improve their working capital and reducing both costs, error, ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly when it comes to VAT and GST. Your experience combined with enthusiasm will enable you to create, sustain and lead effective teams to deliver high quality work. Day to day supervision, coaching and mentoring staff will be instrumental in your role as will the management of the team from a strategic and operational point of view.
Your client facing role will see you build and maintain relationships along with business development, being able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients. You will be following up on leads, referrals and networking to grow your client base and be known as the “go to” specialist in your field.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and working capital.
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or Law qualification. CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
Longer term progression is readily available with this firm as they embark on an exciting period of growth across the UK. Flexible working is available.