Finance Office Manager
£24-30,000pa DOE Full-time, very flexible hours to suit BGC-01866-OM Permanent
We are working with a responsibly minded consultancy in Newcastle who through succession planning are looking to appoint a new Office Manager to support with the day to day operations and finance for the business.
Holding values at the top of their priority, this is a small close knit organisation who regularly offer progression opportunities and thus hold a strong track record of staff retention. They are looking for an ethically minded individual who wishes to build a career with them for the the long-term.
A full-time position which will split between working from home and the office (no more than once/twice a week in the office unless you wish for more) provides great flexibility to the successful applicant, as does the freedom to work your 37.5 hours when best suits you across the week.
Your remit will include the following:
- Maintaining and updating company financial records
- Raising and monitoring invoices,
- Using Sage 50 Cloud Accounts to maintain records of Sales, Purchases, VAT etc
- Authorising and reconciling staff expenses, petty cash, and other expenditure.
- Maintaining Human Resources records and the Sage HR system
- Liaison with external accountants to approve monthly payroll and pension
- Maintaining and updating company income and expenditure using Sage accounts
- Providing financial updates to and attending monthly board meetings
- Managing the supplies and services required for the efficient operation of the office
- Maintaining and updating company policies and procedures
- Supporting the company directors on human resources and other matters
A full handover of this role will be provided, so whilst we are looking for applicants to come with previous experience, training can be provided on small gaps of knowledge.
We are looking for an organised and efficient Finance Office Manager who is driven and enthusiastic in their approach. Professional accounting qualifications are not essential but AAT Level 4 or a Bookkeeping equivalent would be desirable. What is more important is your experience of book-keeping, vat and accounts for a small business. Previous use of Sage would be advantageous as would a working knowledge of documented quality or environmental management systems.
This is a great position for those who enjoy the mix of bookkeeping and office management, it offers complete flexibility in an organisation who truly value their employees.