Corporate Tax Semi/Senior
£Competitve plus study support Full-time with flexible working BGC-01778-TX Permanent
If corporate tax is what you enjoy and you would like to enhance your career in this tax specialism we have a newly created opportunity you may want to hear about.
We are recruiting for a Tax Semi-Senior or Tax Senior to join a growing Newcastle based accountancy firm who are going from strength to strength in their expansion. They wish to welcome a highly-skilled commercial and entrepreneurial individual to join their team, and help them achieve their aim of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
This position is a corporate compliance tax role and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients. You will also be providing support to supervisors and managers and be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
With plenty of variety you will be involved in the following:
- Preparing annual corporation tax returns and tax computations
- Obtaining missing information from clients, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by accounts staff
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
- Monitoring and requesting budgets for your work
- Electronically filing tax returns and monitoring deadlines
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails to HMRC and clients for the supervisor’s approval
- Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual who works well in a team, demonstrating an adaptable and flexible approach, but most importantly is personable and positive in their outlook. This is a vibrant environment and we are looking for a similar like-minded person.
You must hold a minimum of 2 years experience working in a corporate tax environment with a good foundation in your understanding. ATT would be advantageous but not essential. A good attention to detail with first class communication skills are a must too.
This opportunity is an excellent one for those wishing to develop their corporate tax knowledge in a progressive environment that offers study support towards CTA and career enhancement. The firm also offer flexible working and a great salary and benefits package.