Audit Supervisor/Assistant Manager
Upto £39,000pa plus benefits Full-time BGC-01730-AC Permanent
Delighted to be representing this large accountancy firm in Newcastle who are still recruiting through Covid-19 in response to their growing needs within the audit department and long term succession planning.
We are looking to appoint an Audit Supervisor or Assistant Manager who can confidently oversee onsite assurance assignments for a range of clients in both the corporate and public sector environment.
Suitable for both ACA/ACCA/CA qualified Auditors looking to take on more of a leadership role in their audit specialism.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Leading onsite assurance work to a high quality at all times, contributing to internal and external quality assurance, ensuring all actions are completed in line with the firms and the professions standards.
- Communication of any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager along with solution suggestions.
- The provision of adequate briefing, supervision, and on the job training for less experienced members of the audit team.
- Day to day point of contact for the client, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firms specialist services and publications to ensure added value to clients.
- Review work completed by less experienced staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal reviews.
- To summarise actual time spent compared to budget on each assignment, and to perform the firms review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- Development of an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional CPD requirements.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and to keep up to date with examination studies, as applicable.
- Attendance at staff meetings and training and to assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
Applicants must have previous audit experience with some exposure to supervising or leading more junior members. You will have the chance to develop further any chosen specialisms in either PS or with corporate clients.
Your long term career is our clients priority and there will be plenty of opportunity to progress to Manager and beyond.
A comprehensive benefits package is available. The position is vacant now and we would look to start someone as soon as June, either at social distancing in the office or remotely from home.