40-50,000pa plus benefits Full-time flexible hours BGC-01948-AU Permanent
An opportunity to work with some of the best known household names is on offer as you look to join a leading accounting firm in Newcastle who are recruiting for an Audit Manager to their audit team.
My client has a large audit team with a diverse culture who get to work daily with some really interesting and well-known clients, including listed businesses giving you the chance to widen your exposure. They are passionate about the service they offer and enjoy solving important problems by challenging the organisations they audit.
A professional firm who recognise audit as a deep specialism are reaching out to attract similar like minded audit professionals hungry to accelerate their career and gain exposure to an unparalleled breadth of clients. They work with a range of public and private sector organisations including government and public sector, the energy sector – oil, gas and emerging industries such as offshore wind and solar panels- as well as strong digital, engineering and manufacturing sectors.
As Audit Manager, you will lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality audits. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with a great mix of sectors. Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading multi-location teams, using your team and relationship management skills to ensure the delivery of high quality audit work – from planning to completion of an Audit, including the review of financial statements, ensuring regulatory standards are met
• Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit
• Building connections across teams and specialist areas within the firm to help bring insight to the organisations we audit. This includes managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate
• Leading on the completion of areas of complex or judgemental audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions
• Managing the financial and resource aspects of Audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout
• Leading on internal projects supporting the firms other service lines, as well as acting as a role model, mentor and coach for junior staff members in your business unit
• Supporting your team’s technical and personal development and identifying where they may require further support.
As a Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ICAS) we would like to hear from you if you have the relevant UK based audit experience. You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge in IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing. As a strong project manager you will have experience managing an audit from planning to completion and be able to lead teams.
The firm place a large emphasis upon wellbeing and provide an array of services available to you as an employee to benefit from. Flexible and agile working will help you balance work and home life.