£Market rate Full-time BGC-01782-AC Permanent
A north east accounting firm with a well regarded reputation who have their base in Newcastle are looking to appoint a Qualified Accountant to join their accounting team.
With fast expansion the firm are well equipped to offer you progression to both Assistant Manager and Manager as you settle into the firm and look towards developing your knowledge, experience and career.
With your own portfolio of clients you will be responsible for preparing accounts for manager review as well as supporting those more junior with their work, providing technical guidance where appropriate. A small amount of your time (15%) will involve the completion of client audits supporting on site where necessary.
Playing a supportive role to the Manager your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of annual accounts to a variety of clients including complex ones
- Adhering to UK standards and legislation in all of your work
- Management accounts, detailed budgets and cashflow plans for your clients
- Completing client audits and supporting more junior members of the team
- Providing research and recommendations to the senior team where necessary with reference to audit and account topics
- Completion of audit testing
- Attending networking events (some online), supporting the firm with their development
We are seeking to find a qualified accounts professional, either ACA/ACCA, but will also consider those at the professional stage of their exams. We would look for you to hold a strong understanding and knowledge of UK accounts frameworks and be able to develop, lead and mentor other members of your team. My client likes logical thinkers who show initiative and the potential to develop to a Manager level and beyond.
We welcome applications from Accountants who are ready for a change, to advance their career in a growing firm and become part of their expansion plans.