£30- 38,000pa DOE Full-time BGC2123-OS Permanent
An accountancy firm in Newcastle with a refreshing, relaxed and friendly work culture are looking to appoint an ambitious Accountant or Accounts Senior with public practice experience to join them at an exciting period of development as their team continues to double in size as a result of their success in client service satisfaction.
Whether you are a newly qualified ACA/ACCA seeking your next challenge after exams, or AAT qualified and enjoying operating at such level and hold a minimum of 3 years practice experience your skills can be utilised within this position.
With flexible working, extensive benefits and the option to have the best of both worlds working from home and office, this is an attractive offering that will see you liaising daily with a number of interesting SME businesses across the Newcastle region and beyond.
Working within their specialist outsourcing team you will provide a mix of accounting services to clients, all tailored to each business. This can range from the provision of a full finance function service from processing to year end, Finance Director services as well as monthly management accounts, budgets, cashflow and more. The objective is to support your clients by providing better analytics and Management Information to enable them to make more effective business decisions. The beauty of this role is the diversity and freedom to forge close relationships with those you work with, getting to know them and their business well.
Your responsibilities might include:
- Completion of monthly management accounts and preparation
- Monthly and Weekly bookkeeping including quarterly VAT returns
- Completion of annual statutory accounting
- Budget monitoring and cashflow forecasting
- On site client visits acting as Finance Manager
- Supporting clients with the transition and set up on new accounting systems
- Working with a variety of cloud software
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate a number of key skills:
- Able to work independently with clients and communicate at ease with business owners.
- Proficient user of one or more of the following accountings systems: Xero, Dext, Sage, Quickbooks and forecasting software.
- Minimum AAT qualified with 3 years experience working in practice.
- Able to prepare a set of statutory accounts.
- Customer focused, prepared to go the extra mile to help a client.
- Strong work ethic and caring nature towards your day to day role and colleagues
- Knowledge of payroll would be advantageous.
This opportunity offers something a little different to the usual Accounts Senior role in practice and along with high job satisfaction offers great progression.