Accounts Outsourcing Assistant
£22-26,000pa Full-time BGC-01966-AC Permanent
An opportunity for an Outsourcing Assistant to join this leading regional accounting firm in Newcastle as they continue to expand their accounting services to clients.
Working with a variety of Owner Managed Businesses across the north east of England your role will be to take the burden away from their day to day accounting with the support of VAT preparation, bookkeeping and management accounts ready for submission to the year end accounts team.
Your duties will be varied and include the following:
- Bank reconciliation, journal posting and the analysis of data using Xero, Quickbooks, Sage and Excel
- Payroll journal preparation
- Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
- Scanning and uploading receipts for submission into Xero
- Preparation of VAT records to complete the quarterly return
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for manager review.
Due to the nature of the work this is a position that will suit those currently working in practice as well as those in Industry, with a preference for multiple company experience. We are looking for an individual who is either AAT qualified or currently working through their Level 3/4 exams. Applicants must be confident in the use of Sage and Xero and possess first class communication skills to be able to converse with your clients daily. Being organised and able to multi-task are essential skills that we are looking for in the successful candidate as you juggle your portfolio of clients, ensuring deadlines are met for all.
The firm offer a competitive salary, pension and a variety of benefits including an additional holiday purchase scheme. Both full and part time hours are being considered, with the majority of the work office based.