Accounts & Audit Manager
£45-55,000pa Full-time hours BGC2192-AA Permanent
A local County Durham accountancy firm that have seen considerable expansion over the last 10 years are looking to appoint an Accounts & Audit Manager to support the Partner with both client work and the day to day running of the practice.
ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of one-two years post qualification experience is required with a background in general accountancy as well as possessing some audit experience. This will need to include client liaison, completion of complex year end statutory accounting on Limited companies and review experience. The firm look after a number of corporate audits across the region which will fill some of your time across the year providing a position with real variety across all aspects of accounts and audit:
- Preparation & audit of statutory company accounts including corporation tax and capital gains computations.
- Solicitor accounts preparation and audits under SRA rules.
- Overseeing bookkeeping, tax and payroll preparation by the team.
- Preparation of unincorporated accounts & income tax computations.
- Overseeing ( and hands-on) external audit work with a Senior/Junior on site.
- Meeting with clients feeding back on accounts as well as quoting for new audit clients.
- Working as part of the senior management team ensuring all systems and procedures and followed and looking for continuous improvements.
- Providing supervision, mentor and training to members of the accounts team.
Clients are based locally and you will get to work with both small businesses and those with turnovers upto £50million so there is a great breadth of experience to gain working with different issues for each business.
Most of the team are office based and enjoy working collaboratively, however there is scope to work one day a week from home once settled in. Start and finish times can be flexible to work alongside your family life.
Along with an attractive salary, pension is above standard enrolment levels and there is an annual bonus based on performance. Free onsite car parking also makes the commute to work much easier.