£22,000- £30,000pa depending upon experience Full-time BGC-01981-AC Permanent
We are searching on behalf of a large accounting firm in Newcastle who are looking to appoint an Accounting Senior to work with a portfolio of clients assisting them with their management accounting and cloud based software, providing training where required.
Preferably AAT Qualified or equivalent with competent experience in the delivery of bookkeeping and management accounts production this is an opportunity that will see you working regularly with your clients to deliver a variety of services.
You will also be involved in advising clients on the use of cloud software including Xero and Sage 50 which might require training at times.
We are looking for a professional who can demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following:
- General bookkeeping for clients, including processing of data on Xero and Sage 50.
- Prepare management accounts to required standard to ensure files are prepared and documented with sufficient evidence for review.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- Work to high standards, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangement
- To take the hands-on supervisory role on assignments as and when required
- Train clients on their accounts system
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary
- To implement the firm’s review and completion procedures and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letter and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times
Applicants must have a good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements and the use of Xero and Sage. Working with OMB’s we would look for you to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value. The ability to produce year end accounts and corporation tax computations would be be desirable but not essential.
This position can be undertake working across office and home.