Accountant/Bookkeeper Part-time Hours
Competitive plus study support if required Part-time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday BGC-01714-A Permanent
The opportunity to work in a regional independant accountancy practice in Tyne Valley on a part-time basis has arisen presenting a great working environment for those looking to develop their practice accounting knowledge.
Joining an experienced small team of Accountants and Bookkeepers your role will be as follows:
– Working with a diverse portfolio of clients, preparing final accounts for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
– Compiling corporate and personal tax returns ensuring all deadlines are met.
– Preparation of a small amount of monthly management accounts.
– Completion of quarterly VAT returns.
– One day a week onsite at clients premises assisting with bookkeeping including purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliations and posting journals.
– Point of contact for clients dealing with queries and liaising with HMRC.
– Supporting clients with the switch over to Making Tax Digital.
We are looking for someone with experience working in a practice, preferably with a minimum of 2 years. Experience is more important than qualification although those with either AAT or ACCA would be of interest.
Given there will be a small amount of travel to client sites we do require the successful applicant to have a driving licence and car, expenses will be reimbursed for any extra local travel.
The hours are part-time and we are looking for someone who can work Monday through to Wednesday although they can be flexible.