Upto £38,000pa Full-time BGC2113-AC Permanent
A local north east accountancy practice with a strong client base are looking to appoint an Accountant to undertake a newly created opportunity at their South Tyneside offices which will incorporate a varied number of responsibilities.
We are looking for a Practice Accountant who has proven experience working in the accountancy profession. Either qualified (ACA/ACCA) by exam or experience you will hold a minimum of 6 years experience, confident in the delivery of year end statutory accounts for businesses up to three million turnover in size.
Working with sole trader, partnership and limited companies you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of full statutory accounts from both complete and incomplete records
- Review of quarterly VAT returns prepared by the Bookkeepers
- Completion of self assessment tax returns on behalf of your clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaison with clients, gathering information, providing day to day guidance and advice and some end of year meetings.
- Liaison with the HMRC and other 3rd party individuals.
- Supporting other members of staff within the office with their training as and when required
Should previous tax experience not be held, full training can be provided in this area to ensure you are comfortable to undertake such tasks in moving forward.
Clients work with a range of software so you will ideally have exposure with at least one of the following: Quickbooks, Sage, Xero, VT Accounts.
The position is based in a very supportive, close knit and friendly office, where you will be welcomed from day one as part of the team. The role is office based providing flexibility when needed.