Accountancy Practice Manager
£ Competitive Full-time Hours BGC-01766AC Permanent
Opportunities such as these are rare to the market so we are very excited to be working with a Durham based accountancy firm as they look to appoint a new Practice Manager to their team following retirement.
In this permanent full time post you will take responsibility for both the internal finances, administration and compliance for the practice, supporting the Partner group with the day to day running of a busy accounting practice.
In what is likely to appeal to both existing Practice Managers as well as Office Managers with bookkeeping expertise our client is offering a varied role which will include the following responsibilities:
– Internal bookkeeping using Sage Line 50.
– Control of invoice processing, reconciliations and credit control for internal finance.
– Issuing and managing all client engagement letters and corresponding with clients/prospective clients.
– Supporting the Partner group with internal management information.
– Managing client fee protection insurance policies.
– Overseeing the money laundering process and general compliance guidelines.
– Taking a lead on both the development and maintenance of internal systems and policies.
– Ensuring health and safety systems and equipment are maintained.
– Practice lead for the website, liaising with website administrators to keep website up-to-date.
As the most senior administration support in the practice it is likely this list is not exclusive and other administrative tasks will arise as is with most office management positions, but that adds to the variety and at times demanding role that this can be. We are looking for someone who thrives on this.
We invite those with the relevant expertise to apply and whilst we are open-minded as to sector experience we are particularly keen to hear from those working in the professional service sector arena, likely to be in a similar position such as accounting or legal.
Accounting qualifications are not essential but we would look for someone who is able to complete monthly internal bookkeeping.
Applicants must be super organised with strong proven communication skills able to manage the day to day running of a busy accounting firm. This position is based in the office at safe social distancing.
A competitive salary and rewards package is available.