£18-25,000 depending upon experience Full time BGC-01799-AC Permanent
A north east accountancy practice with a strong reputation, based in Newcastle city centre are looking to appoint a part qualified Accounts Assistant to join their accounting team.
Offering you full study support for you ACA/ACCA exams (either to commence or continue with) this is an amazing opportunity to place yourself on a path to full qualification. My client is looking for an individual who has a good grounding of experience in practice accounting and is either working towards their professional exams or completed AAT with a view to further studies.
With your own portfolio of clients you will be responsible for preparing statutory year end accounts for manager review. You will also be involved in management accounting and bookkeeping. A small aspect of your role will expose you to audits which will coincide nicely alongside your theoretical learning.
Your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of annual accounts for a variety of clients in size and sector with support from your Manager.
- Adhering to UK standards and legislation in all of your work
- Supporting on client audits with a small amount of onsite work.
- Completion of audit testing
- Assisting with management accounts for your clients
- Bookkeeping, VAT returns.
- Working with various software packages.
- Attending networking events (some online), supporting the firm with their development
We are looking to find an individual focused on their own personal development, eager to qualify and invest into their career.